Free Monday Nights? Aged 13-18?
Come relax with your friends, enjoy our cafe with a range of snacks, drinks and hot food, play games, and enjoy the fun termly programme on offer. Formerly known as YouthSpace running since 2006, the Youth Cafe Penryn runs a free entry drop-in Monday evenings between 7pm to 9pm in Highway Community Centre. Our youth team have received up to date training in safeguarding and child protection, and all carry current DBS checks. We are also supported by ‘Young People Cornwall’ project.
Over a year we look to offer a range of evenings, trips and camps including:
- Chill Out Sessions– most sessions typically have games tables and board games, with our comfy sofas, providing valuable time for young people to relax together in a safe space.
- Youth Camps– providing new opportunities and quality time to build on relationships. So far we have been to Creation Fest, Masada UK and run small local youth camps.
- Sofa-Time Sessions– covering topics and issues that our young people want to know more about, like how to better look after ourselves, healthy relationships and staying safe.
- Creative & Active Sessions- realising staying active and creative is important for our physical and mental health we like to offer a range of opportunities to boost creativity and inspire them to keep fit. In the past we have taken part in ColourRiot workshops and street art projects, Helping Hands Fitness Circuits, Swashbuckling Cornwall Workshops.
- Themed Sessions and Visiting Speakers– learning and being introduced to new skills is important for building confidence and broadening their worlds. Sessions have covered cooking, budgeting, visits to the Penryn Council and police stations, links with Penryn College Career Advice and inviting different people from different careers and generations to speak.
- Outings and Visits– building memories together is a priority for our youth group, like going out for meals, bowling, beach BBQ’s, paddle baording and canoeing.
- Community Fundraising– building a culture of serving others and offering something back into the community offers a great window to build teamwork skills to make somethign happen. i.e. Foodbank Quizzes and taking part in fashion shows.
Check out our Youth Cafe Facebook page for the latest updates to our youth programme and our specials menu!
Call 01326 378433 or e-mail email@example.com to find out more.